友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!
著迷英语900句-第23部分
快捷操作: 按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页 按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页 按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部! 如果本书没有阅读完,想下次继续接着阅读,可使用上方 "收藏到我的浏览器" 功能 和 "加入书签" 功能!
: You know my sweater; the one you always used to borrow? 你以前老跟我借的那件毛衣;
: I must have left it at your apartment。 我大概遗放在你家。
: If you find it; keep it for me until I return。 你要是找到的话; 帮我保留到等我回到纽约。
: It looks good on you。 它穿在你的身上看起来不错。
: Attention young artists! 年轻的艺术家们请注意!
: The Brazilian Pavilion of the World’s Fair is sponsoring an international art competition。万国博览
会巴西馆将举办一项国际性艺术比赛。
: The winner will receive a 10;000 a year grant to live and study for two years at the institution of
his choice anywhere in Brazil。 第一名将获得一年一万美元的奖学金以作为赴巴西就读其所选择
之任何大专院校为期二年的生活费及学费。
: All men and women under thirty years of age are cordially invited to enter the competition。 诚请未
满叁十岁之青年男女报名参加。
: During December we wi ll be exhibiting as many entries as possible at the World’s Fair Museum of
Modern Art。 巴西馆将在十二月份尽可能将所有的参赛作品陈列于万国博览会现代艺术馆供大
众观赏。
: But; as the judges; all internationally famous artists; 但因为裁判必须在元月一日前作决定;
: must make their decision before January 1; the Brazilian Pavilion must receive your entry by
December 1。 所以所有参选的作品必须在十二月一日前送至巴西馆本比赛的裁判; 均为举世闻
名的艺术家。
: On January 1 the Brazilian Pavilion will have the pleasure of announcing the results of the
competition。 在元月一日,巴西馆将十分荣幸地宣布比赛的结果。
: The ceremony will take place in the Grand Gallery of the Museum at 4:30 PM。 仪式将于该日下午
四时叁十分假现代艺术馆大陈列厅举行。
: All works of art remain your property and will be returned after the first of the year。 各作品之所有
权将属于作者所拥有作品于元月一日后将归还原主。
: As we cannot be liable for paintings submitted to us; please insure your entry against loss; damage; or
destruction。 作品若有遗失; 损害或毁损等情形; 巴西馆无法负责任; 敬请各位自行投保为盼。
: Persons related to the staff of the Brazilian Pavilion are not eligible to enter the competition。 凡与
巴西馆工作人员有亲戚关系的人不得参与比赛。
EVERYONE: Happy Birthday to you; Happy Birthday to you; Happy Birthday; dear Ali; Happy
着迷英语900 句
Birthday to you。 祝你生日快乐; 祝你生日快乐; 亲爱的阿里生日快乐; 祝你生日快乐。
MRS。NIKZAD: Blow out the candles; Ali; but first make a wish。 把腊烛吹熄; 阿里; 先许个愿;
ALI: What should I wish for? 我应许什么愿?
BILL: Anything you want; but don’t tell us。 If you tell your wish; it won’t come true。 任何你想要的
都可以; 但不要告诉我们。 你的愿望如果告诉了别人; 就不会实现了。
HUSSEIN: Here comes the ice cream! 冰淇淋来了!
ALI: Wow; look at it all! Gallons and gallons of it! 哇; 大家看! 好几桶啊!
MRS。NIKZAD: You know; Mr。 O’Neill; by the time we left the house; Ali had asked for ice cream at
least half a dozen times。 I’m glad I didn’t let him have any。 鸥尼尔先生; 你可知道; 今天出门的时
候; 阿里已经有六次以上要求吃冰淇淋。 我很高兴我没让他吃。
WAITER: Here you are。 And here’s a big spoon。 来; 这个大调羹也给你。
REPORTER: Hold it。 Just like that! Now another one; Ali。 别动; 就这样子! 阿里; 再来一个。
REPORTER: Hold that spoon up。 拿着调羹。
REPORTER: Good。 Thank you。 好。 谢谢。
REPORTER: I hadn’t expected such a big turnout。 想不到有这么多人来。
REPORTER: Thanks for the story。 这个题材很好; 谢谢你通知我。
ALI: Who is that; Dad? 爸; 那是谁?
MR。NIKZAD: A reporter for The World’s Fair Newsletter。 万国博览会通讯报的记者。
ALI: Wow! Will my picture be in the papers? 哇! 我的照片会不会登在报纸上?
MR。NIKZAD: I hope so。 我希望会。
ALI: I wish I hadn’t eaten dinner last night。 我真希望我昨天晚上没有吃晚餐。
MRS。NIKZAD: Why; Ali? Don’t you feel well? 为什么; 阿里? 你不舒服吗?
ALI: Oh; no! I feel fine。 But I wish I had room for more ice cream。 噢; 不是! 我很好。 我只是恨不
能吃更多的冰淇淋。
MRS。NIKZAD: I hope you don’t get sick。 我希望你不会吃坏肚子。
ALI: I won’t。 But even if I do; I won’t be sorry。 不会的啦。 但是就算吃坏了肚子我也不会后悔的。
HUSSEIN: I wish I had known about this place for my birthday。 Ali; open your presents。 Here’s one
from Mr。 Yamamoto。我上次过生日的时候; 如果知道有这个地方; 多好。 阿里; 拆开你的礼物。
这?是山本先生送的。
ALI: OK。 Wow! A baseball and a bat。 Gee; thank you; Mr。 Yamamoto。 好。 哇! 是一个棒球和一支
球棒! 谢谢您; 山本先生。
HUSSEIN: Here’s one from Mr。 O’Neill。 I wonder if it’s a giant ice cream sandwich! 这个是欧尼尔
先生送的。 你看会不会是一个巨大的冰淇淋叁明治!
ALI: Oh; boy! 噢; 老天!
ALI: I wish it were my birthday every day! 我真希望天天过生日!
MR。NIKZAD: I’m glad it’s not。 我真高兴不是。
ALI: Wow; a mitt! 哇; 一副棒球手套!
HUSSEIN: Here’s a note。 I’ll read it to you。 这里有一张纸条; 我念给你听。
HUSSEIN: Dear Ali; You don’t know me; but my father says you’re an okay kid; and you want to
learn to play baseball。 亲爱的阿里; 你不认识我; 但我爸爸说你是个很好的孩子; 还说你想学
打棒球。
HUSSEIN: OK。; I’ll teach you。 Happy birthday。 Bill; PS I wi sh I could have come to your party。 好;
着迷英语900 句
我教你。 祝你生日快乐。小比尔; 附记: 真希望能够参加你的派对。
ALI: wow! I wish we had invited everybody in the world!哇! 我真希望我们能邀请全世界的每个人。
MICHAEL: Do you like it? 喜不喜欢?
PEDRO: It’s brilliant! 出类拔萃!
MICHAEL: I hope the judges think so。 但愿评审们也这样认为。
PEDRO: I hate to tell you; but I heard through a friend of a friend that Leo van der Zee is entering the
competition。 我不太想告诉你; 但是; 我一个朋友的朋友说利欧·泛·德·西要参加比赛。
MICHAEL: I wish you hadn’t told me。 但愿你没跟我说。
PEDRO: Oh; come on。 Your painting is great。 别这样子嘛! 你的画非常好。
MICHAEL: Sure; but van der Zee is a fine painter; 画是不错; 但是泛·德·西是一个很出色的画家;
MICHAEL: and he’s much better known than I。 而且他比我出名得多。
PEDRO: So what? 那又怎么样?
MICHAEL: I guess you’re right。 But I wish I knew if I was wasting my time。 你大概说得对; 我只
是想知道我是不是浪费时间。
PEDRO: If you knew what the future was going to be like; life would be boring。 人要是知道将来会
怎么样; 人生会显得太无聊。
MICHAEL: I didn’t know that you had become a philosopher。我还不知道你已经变成一个哲学家了。
PEDRO: And I had forgotten that you could be such a pain in the neck。 而我都忘了你是个令人头
痛的家伙。
MICHAEL: You’re right。 I’m sorry。 I’m driving everyone crazy。 你说得对。 很抱歉; 我令大家都
无耐;
MICHAEL: Let’s change the subject。 我们换一个话题吧!
MICHAEL: Do you have and more bad news? 你还有没有坏消息?
PEDRO: No。 That’s all for today。 没有了。 今天就是这么多。
PEDRO: Miguel called Marta from Colombia。 He loves her。 He misses her。 米盖尔从哥伦比亚打电
话给玛它。 他爱她; 想念她;
PEDRO: He thinks about her every minute; 时时刻刻都在想她;
PEDRO: and he can’t live without her。 He says。 没有她; 他就不能活下去。 他说
MICHAEL: He’s a nice guy。 他人很好。
PEDRO: He’s young and inexperienced。 If he knew what I know。。。 他年轻而缺乏经验; 他要是懂
得我懂的。。。
MICHAEL: He’d be cynical; old; and unhappy; like you。他愤世嫉俗; 苍老而不快乐。 就会像你一样
MICHAEL: Leave him alone。 不要干涉他;
MICHAEL: If you could find a girl like Marta; you’d be a lucky man。 你如果有本事找到一个女孩
子像玛它那样; 你就会是个幸运的男人。
PEDRO: That may be。 In any case; he wishes you the best of luck in the comp
快捷操作: 按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页 按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页 按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!