友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!
著迷英语900句-第22部分
快捷操作: 按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页 按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页 按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部! 如果本书没有阅读完,想下次继续接着阅读,可使用上方 "收藏到我的浏览器" 功能 和 "加入书签" 功能!
MRS。NIKZAD: and he might be too busy to come。 而且他可能太忙。
MRS。NIKZAD: I understand his store is being renovated next week。 我听说他的商店下个星期要
整修内部。
ALI: Oh。 And what about Mr。 O’Neill? Is he coming? 噢; 那欧尼尔先生呢? 他来不来?
MRS。NIKZAD: He’s been invited。 他已经被邀请了。
ALI: But is he coming? 但是他会来吗?
MRS。NIKZAD: We haven’t heard from him yet; Ali。 阿里; 他还没有答覆我们呢。
ALI: I hope he comes。 我希望他能来。
MRS。NIKZAD: Don’t worry; Ali。 I’m sure he’ll try his best。阿里; 你放心好了。 我相信他会儘量赶
着迷英语900 句
来的。
ALI: What about Mr。 Yamamoto? 那么山本先生呢?
MRS。NIKZAD: I don’t know; dear。 我不知道; 孩子。
ALI: But I want to invite him。 我要请他来嘛。
MRS。NIKZAD: Let’s wait and ask your father。 我们等一下问你爸爸好了。
ALI: Do we have to wait? 我们一定要等吗?
MRS。NIKZAD: Of course; Ali。 But don’t be upset。 The invitation can be sent out first thing in the
morning。 阿里; 当然要等。 但是不要那么烦恼了。 明天早上第一件事就是将请帖寄出去。
ALI: I’m going outside。 OK? 我要到外面走走。 好不好?
MRS。NIKZAD: All right; dear。 Don’t be too long。 It’s almost lunch time。 好的; 孩子。 别出去太久。
快要吃午餐的了。
MRS。NIKZAD: Hello; Simon。 Have you seen Ali this afternoon? 塞门你好。 你今天下午有没有看
到阿里?
MR。NIKZAD: No; Zahra。 Why? 没有; 萨拉。 出了什么事吗?
MRS。NIKZAD: Oh; dear。 I can’t find him anywhere。 I thought he might have gone to the Fair。 I’ve
looked all over。 噢,亲爱的。 我到处都找不到他。 我以为他可能是到万博会去了。 我已经到处找
过了。
MRS。NIKZAD: I don’t know what to do。 我不知道怎么办才好。
MRS。NIKZAD: He should have been back an hour ago。 他一个钟头前就应该回来了。
MR。NIKZAD: Don’t worry; Zahra。 Probably; he’s visiting a friend and forgot about the time。 萨拉;
别着急。 大概他去找朋友而忘了时间。
MRS。NIKZAD: But an hour and a half? 但会一个半钟头吗?
MRS。NIKZAD: That’s not like him。 这不像他。
MRS。NIKZAD: He could have had an accident。 他可能发生了意外。
MR。NIKZAD: Yes; he could have; Zahra; but he probably didn’t。 Did anything happen this morning?
What were you talking about before he left? 可能是可能; 萨拉; 但他也可能没发生什么事。 今天
早上有没有发生什么事情? 他走以前你们谈了些什么?
MRS。NIKZAD: His birthday party。 他生日派对的事。
MRS。NIKZAD: It’s all he talks about lately。 最近他所谈到的就是这件事。
MR。NIKZAD: Is it possible you said something to upset him? 可不可能是你说了些什么话; 使他
不高兴?
MRS。NIKZAD: I must have。 I know he was upset because we haven’t received Mr。 O’Neill’s reply
to our invitation; and。。。一定是这样子。 我们邀请了欧尼尔先生; 但还没收到他的答覆我知道他有
点难过; 还有。。。
MR。NIKZAD: And? 还有什么?
MRS。NIKZAD: And because we haven’t invited Mr。 Yamamoto。还有; 因为我们没有邀请山本先生。
MR。NIKZAD: Anything else? 还有别的吗?
MRS。NIKZAD: No。 He left the house right after that。 I suppose I should have called you earlier。 没
有了。 谈过这些以后他就出去了。 我应该早一点打电话给你的。
MR。NIKZAD: Zahra; I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about。 He’s probably on his way to the Fair
to see Mr。 O’Neill; or else he’s with Mr。 Yamamoto。 萨拉; 我想我们没有什么好担心的。 他大概
到万博会去探望欧尼尔先生; 或者在山本先生那边。
着迷英语900 句
MRS。NIKZAD: Oh; wait! Here he is! And Mr。 Yamamoto is with him。 You were right; Simon。 He
must have gone to Mr。 Yamamoto’s。 噢; 等一下! 他来了! 山本先生跟他一道。 塞门; 你说对了。
他一定是到山本先生那里去了。
MRS。 NIKZAD: Ali; my little Martian。 Where were you? Why didn’t you tell me where you were
going? You’ve been gone three hours! 阿里; 我的小火星人; 你到哪里去了? 你为什么不告诉我
你要去哪里? 你已出去叁个钟头了!
MRS。 NIKZAD: Mr。 Yamamoto; I can’t thank you enough for bringing him back。 What happened;
Ali? Where were you? I was so worried。 山本先生; 你把他带回来了; 我真感激不尽。 阿里; 到底
发生了什么事? 你到哪里去了? 我多么耽心。
ALI: Don’t cry; Mommy。 I won’t do it again。 I promise。 Don’t cry。 I just went to Mr。 Yamamoto’s
store to invite him to my party。 不要哭了; 妈! 我不会再犯了。 我答应你。 不要哭了。 我只是到山
本先生的店里去请他参加我的派对。
ALI: It takes too long to invite people by mail。 I got lost。 因为写信邀请人太慢。 我迷路了。
ALI: I started walking; and then I didn’t know where I was。 So I asked people to help me find Mr。
Yamamoto’s store。我开始走路; 然后不知道自己在哪里。 所以我请别人帮助我找山本先生的商店。
“ALI: Some people said; ““Turn left;”“ and some people said; ““Turn right;”“ and sometimes I forgot
what they said。 But I didn’t get scared!” “有的人说: ““往左转;”“ 也有的人说: ““往右转;”“ 有时
候我忘了他们说什么。 可是我并不害怕!”
“ALI: I kept saying to myself; ““You’re almost seven!”“ Anyway; all of a sudden; I was right there in
front of Mr。 Yamamoto’s store。” “我一直对自己说: ““你快七岁了!”“ 反正我忽然间; 来到了山本
先生商店的门口。”
ALI: It was like magic! And Mr。 Yamamoto can come to my party。 I asked him。 就像在变魔术一样!
山本先生可以参加我的派对; 我已经问过他了。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: You should have seen him; Mrs。 Nikzad。 可惜你没有看到; 尼克萨德太太。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: When Ali found the store; he may have been shaking a little; but he wouldn’t
cry。 He’s a brave boy。 当阿里找到我的店的时候; 虽然似乎有一点发抖; 但他坚决不哭。 他是
个很勇敢的小男孩。
: Dear Pedro; 佩德罗;
: I’ve been back over a week now。 我已经回来一个多星期了。
: I expected to have trouble adjusting to life in New York; but no one ever told me that I would have
trouble readjusting to my old life! 刚到纽约时会住不惯; 这是我预料中的事; 但从来没有人告诉
我重新适应我以往的生活会有困难!
: I don’t understand it。 我真搞不懂。
: I get angry at things that never used to get me angry。 一向不会让我生气的事; 现在竟让我生气。
: I lose patience with my family。 我对家人也没有了耐性。
: And unless I calm down; I’m going to lose my friends; too。 而且; 除非我情绪能冷静下来; 不然
我还将会失去我的朋友们。
: I must have changed。 Everybody says I have。 我必须改一改。 每个人都说我必须改。
: I know I see the world differently now; but I don’t want to be the person I was before I went away。
我知道我各方面的眼光跟以前不一样; 但是; 我不愿意再作离开以前的那个我。
: What do I do now; Pedro? 佩德罗; 我现在应该怎么办才好?
: I miss Marta every minute; but I won’t say any more about that because I can just hear you making
fun of me。 我时时刻刻地想念玛它; 但是; 关于这一点我似乎可以听到你在嘲笑我; 所以不多
着迷英语900 句
说了。
: I even miss you! 我连你都想念!
: Which reminds me; how did your interview go? 说起你的事; 我几乎忘了; 你面试的经过如何?
: Did you get the assistant manager position? 你获得助理经理的职位了吗?
: You know; Pedro; there is no way I can repay the kindness that you and your family have shown me。
你知道吗; 佩德罗; 你和你的家人对我的恩情我没有办法还报你们。
: All I can say is thank you; and I hope that someday soon you will visit us。 我唯一能说的是谢谢你;
而且我希望很快的有一天你就会来看我们。
: Our house is your house。 我们的家就是你的家。
: Miguel PS I know you don’t write letters; but you could send a postcard every now and then。 米盖
尔附记: 我知道你是不写信的; 不过有时候你可以寄张明信片来。
: PPS I must have been in a daze when I left New York。 再附记: 我离开纽约的时候一定是昏了头。
: You know my sweater; the one you always used to borrow? 你以
快捷操作: 按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页 按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页 按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!