友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!
恐怖书库 返回本书目录 加入书签 我的书架 我的书签 TXT全本下载 『收藏到我的浏览器』

著迷英语900句-第20部分

快捷操作: 按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页 按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页 按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部! 如果本书没有阅读完,想下次继续接着阅读,可使用上方 "收藏到我的浏览器" 功能 和 "加入书签" 功能!


MICHAEL: I don’t know what’s wrong。 我不知道是怎么回事。
JOANA: Great paintings aren’t created overnight。 Try to relax。 伟大的作品不是一夜之间所能创作出
来的; 儘量轻鬆一点。
MICHAEL: That’s easier said than done。 说的比做的容易。
JOANA: I’m sorry。 对不起。
MICHAEL: No; don’t apologize。 不; 不要道歉。
JOANA: What’s the subject of the painting? 这画的主题是什么?
MICHAEL: That’s the problem。 I want to do a portrait。 问题就在这里; 我想画一幅肖像。
JOANA: Of whom? 谁的肖像。
MICHAEL: A woman。 A modern woman。 But that’s all I know。 I’ve been drawing all week; but I
don’t like anything I’ve done。 一个女人; 一个现代女性; 但是我只知道这么一点而已。 我这个星
期一直在画图; 但是画出来的东西没有一个令我满意。
JOANA: What’s the problem? Do you know? 问题在哪里? 你知不知道?
MICHAEL: Me。 I’m the problem。 I think I’m going stale。 I’ve been painting for ten years。 在我; 问
题就是我。 我想我要老朽了(失去了创造力)。 我画画已经十年了;
MICHAEL: I should be able to do better than this。 应该有能力可以画得比这样子更好。
JOANA: I’m sure you will。 Even if you spend a few sleepless nights; it’s worth it。 我敢肯定; 你会
成功的; 即使你花几个晚上不睡觉; 也是值得的。
MICHAEL: What do you think I should do? 你认为我应该怎么做?
JOANA: Take a break for a few hours。 休息几个钟头。

着迷英语900 句
MICHAEL: No。 I mean; do you think I should give up and go into business with my father? 不; 我
的意思是说; 你认不认为我应该放弃画画而去跟爸爸作生意?
JOANA: What I think doesn’t matter。 You’ve got to be happy with what you do。 Besides; that
decision was made years ago; wasn’t it? 我怎么想都无关紧要; 你要作自己喜欢的工作; 而且; 你
好几年前就作决定了; 对不对?
MICHAEL: It was。 But things change。 是的; 但是情形会改变;
MICHAEL: Which is better for us now? 现在对我们来说; 哪条路最好?
JOANA: Michael; what do you want me to say? It’s got to be your decision。 麦可; 你叫我怎么说?
这必须由你决定。
MICHAEL: I’m not asking you to decide for me。 我不是叫你替我决定;
MICHAEL: I just want to know what you think。 我只是想知道你的想法如何。
MICHAEL: You must have your likes and dislikes。 你一定有自己的喜恶。
JOANA: Maybe I don’t。 Maybe I don’t know what to think。 也许我没有; 也许我不知道应该怎么
认为。
MICHAEL: I’m sorry。 I didn’t mean to upset you。 对不起; 我不是有意烦你。
JOANA: All I mean; Michael; 我的意思麦克
JOANA: is that I agree with what you’re doing。 只是说我同意你现在的作法;
JOANA: If you can be a successful artist; fine; if you can’t; go into business with your father。 But at
least give yourself the chance to find out。 你如果能够成为一位成功的艺术家; 那最好; 要是你不
能的话就到你爸爸的公司里作事; 但是最起码你要给你自己找些机会。
MICHAEL: There’s something else; of course; Joana。 If I go into Dad’s business; I have to stay here。
You know that。 还有一点; 当然; 琼娜; 我如果到爸爸的公司作事的话; 就必须留在这里; 这一
点你是知道的。
HENRY LEEDS: THE WORLD’S FAIR NEWSLETTER 万国博览会通讯报
HENRY LEEDS: Volume 1 No。10 一卷十期
HENRY LEEDS: Published by THE WORLD’S FAIR CORPORATION and THE GW
CRAWFORD AGENCY 发行人: 万国博览会股份有限公司及郭氏广告公司
HENRY LEEDS: SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE by Henry Le eds 应有尽有亨利·里德斯着
HENRY LEEDS: In case you’ve never stopped in at the World’s Fair Ice Cream Parlor; 您或许从来
没有光临过万国博览会冰淇淋馆;
HENRY LEEDS: let me introduce you to it。 那么; 让我来为你介绍。
HENRY LEEDS: First; the facts: Our World’s Fair Ice Cream Parlor is one of the largest ice cream
parlors you will find anywhere in the world。 首先; 事实上您将发现: 我们万国博览会的冰淇淋馆
是全世界最大的冰淇淋馆之一。
HENRY LEEDS: It is open until midnight; seven days a week; and the staff is always ready to serve
you and your friends。 一个星期开放七天; 每天营业到午夜; 冰淇淋馆的人员随时准备为您和
您的朋友服务。
HENRY LEEDS: Our ice cream parlor hasn’t really been there for a hundred years。 我们万博会的
这家冰淇淋馆并没一百年的历史;
HENRY LEEDS: It just looks that way。 它只是看起来像罢了。
HENRY LEEDS: In fact; they have been selling ice cream for only two months now。 事实上; 他们
开幕才两个月。

着迷英语900 句
HENRY LEEDS: Inspired by a more elegant age; the careful manners and the old…fashioned
costumes of the staff were designed to make you; the customers; feel at home。 工作人员礼貌的作风
和仿古的服装及文雅的动作; 目的是让客人们有宾至如归之感。
HENRY LEEDS: Let me now tell you about the ice cream。 现在让我来谈谈他们的冰淇淋了。
HENRY LEEDS: They tell me that the recipe they use has been making ice cream lovers happy since
1865。 我听说他们用的配製法; 从一八六五年以来一直受爱吃冰淇淋的人欢迎。
HENRY LEEDS: They have flavors that you’ve never heard of。 And all of them are delicious。 他们
有各种各样的味道; 有的还是一般人未曾听过的; 而都美味可口。
HENRY LEEDS: I will describe only one of their specialties。 It is called the Kitchen Sink。 “他们有
数种拿手甜点; 我只介绍其中的一种; 叫做”“百味盘”“;”
HENRY LEEDS: What is a Kitchen Sink? “““ 百味盘”“ 是什么?”
HENRY LEEDS: It is a huge stainless steel dish; about twelve inches wide; eighteen inches long; and
about eight inches deep; 是一个大约十二寸宽; 十八寸长; 大约八寸深的巨大不銹钢盘子;
HENRY LEEDS: which is filled with twenty different kinds of ice cream。 装满了二十种不同的冰
淇淋。
HENRY LEEDS: On top of all this are piled whipped cream; nuts; fruit; and chocolate syrup。 上面
堆满了泡沫奶油、干果、水果和巧克力酱。
HENRY LEEDS: I warn you; this dessert is only for the strongest of stomachs。 我可要警告你; 这
种甜点只是为有钢铁胃的人而设计的。
HENRY LEEDS: Don’t worry; though。 不过; 没关系;
HENRY LEEDS: They have desserts for every taste and pocketbook。 他们有各种不同的甜点; 给
各种不同口味及经济能力的人吃的。
MRS。FARIAS: Dear Joana and Paulo; 琼娜、保罗:
MRS。FARIAS: I just wanted to tell you that I arrived here safe and sound。 妈已经平安回来了; 致
函告知。
MRS。FARIAS: Your father was fine。 爸爸一切都很好;
MRS。FARIAS: He was a bit lonely while I was away; but it was nice to find out how much we
missed each other。 妈不在的这段日子; 他确实有一点寂寞; 但是能够发现我们是彼此多么地想
念; 很是安慰。
MRS。FARIAS: He’s really a good man。 他真是一个很好的人;
MRS。FARIAS: You know; he was sick while I was visiting you; but he never told us because he
didn’t want us to worry。你们知道吗? 当我去探望你们的时候; 他生病了; 但为了不希望我们耽
心; 他一直没告诉我们;
MRS。FARIAS: He was probably right。 He knows how I worry。 他这样做大概没有错; 因为他知道
妈很容易发愁。
MRS。FARIAS: Anyway; he ’s better now; although I wish he would take better care of himself。 反正;
他现在已经痊愈了; 但是; 只有他更珍惜身体; 妈才会放心。
MRS。FARIAS: How are you; Paulo? 保罗你好吗?
MRS。FARIAS: How I admire your ability to learn languages! 你学语言的能力那么高; 妈真佩服
不已。
MRS。FARIAS: I must tell you how nice it was to come home to Brazil where everyone in the street
speaks Portuguese。 妈禁不住要告诉你们; 能回到人人都讲葡萄牙文的巴西老家; 真是棒极了!

着迷英语900 句
MRS。FARIAS: I realize now how much energy it took to speak English! 妈现在才知道想说好英语
要费多大的精力。
MRS。FARIAS: And Joana; keep me informed of your plans。 对了; 琼娜; 随时告诉妈你有什么打算。
MRS。FARIAS: I wish your father could meet Michael。 妈在想; 你爸爸若能和麦可见面多好。
MRS。FARIAS
返回目录 上一页 下一页 回到顶部 3 4
快捷操作: 按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页 按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页 按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!