友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!
著迷英语900句-第13部分
快捷操作: 按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页 按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页 按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部! 如果本书没有阅读完,想下次继续接着阅读,可使用上方 "收藏到我的浏览器" 功能 和 "加入书签" 功能!
: then ten thousand noisy drops。 然后哗啦哗啦的下了倾盆大雨。
: People shouted and ran in every direction。 人们一边喊叫一边向四面八方跑;
: Then there was silence; the sun; the blue sky; and a rainbow。 然后一切平静下来; 天空中又出现
了太阳、蓝天; 还有一道彩虹。
: I admire Claire。 我真羡慕克蕾尔。
: She works all day and goes to school at night。 她白天上一天的班; 晚上还要去读书。
: She knows where she’s going and what she wants; and she’s willing to work for it。 她掌握了人生
的方向和目标; 而且肯为达到目标而努力。
: Am I? 我能吗?
: In my first job; I was secretary。 我第一份工作是当秘书;
: When I married my husband; I quit。 结婚以后我就辞职了。
: After I left him; I went back to the same office。 离开丈夫以后就回到同一个公司;
: I never thought about other possibilities。 我始终没有考虑走别的路。
: When I came here; I got a job right away。 当我来到这里以后; 马上有了工作。
: I was happy with anything。 那个时候我一点也不挑剔; 对任何事情都感到很快乐。
: Now I’d like a change。 而现在我却想换一个环境。
: First things first。 首先最重要的是;
: What skills do I have? 我有些什么技能?
: OK。 I can do anything。 是的; 我什么都能作。
: Anything? 什么都能做吗?
: Yes; anything。 是; 我什么事都能做。
: Come on now; Laura。 Be realistic。 罗拉; 你不要这样子了; 面对现实点吧!
: All right; almost anything。 好吧; 差不多什么都能做。
: I can speak; read; and write English and Spanish。 我能说、读、写英文和西班牙文;
: I can run an office。 我能负责办公室的一切事务。
: I’m friendly and competent。 我又合群又能干;
: Uh。。。 there must be more。 嗯。。。 一定还有;
: Oh; yes; I type and take shorthand in two languages。 对了; 我有两种语言的打字和速记技能。
: Well; then; if you can do all that; 那么; 你既然有这些技能;
: you don’t have to work for the Mr。 Crawfords of the world! 就不必要替郭佛先生这种人工作!
: But; what will I do; then? 那么我将要怎么做呢?
: Well; what kind of job would you like? 你想要怎么样的工作?
着迷英语900 句
: Do you want to work in an office again? 你愿不愿意再到办公室去工作?
: There’s so much to think about。 要考虑的事情可真多!
第四集
MICHAEL: Good…bye; Miguel。 Nice meeting you。 Good…bye; Marta。 Thanks for coming。 米盖尔再
见; 很高兴认识你。 玛它再见; 谢谢你的光临。
MARTA: Bye。 Don’t forget our English lesson on Wednesday。 再见; 星期叁补习英文; 你可不要
忘了!
MICHAEL: I won’t。 I’ll be there。 And why don’t you come; too; Miguel? 放心好了; 我会来的; 米
盖尔你也来; 好不好?
MIGUEL: Thank you。 I will。 And thank you for inviting me to the party。 It was a lot of fun。 谢谢;
我会来的; 谢谢你邀请我参加宴会。 我玩得很开心。
MARTA: Thank you again; Michael。 I’ll see you next Wednesday。 Joana; it was a pleasure meeting
you。 麦可; 谢谢你; 下星期叁见。 琼娜; 很高兴认识你。
JOANA: Thank you。 It was a pleasure meeting you and Miguel。 谢谢; 很高兴认识你和米盖尔。
ALL: Good night。 晚安!
MICHAEL: Well。好了;
MICHAEL: Let’s sit down for a few minutes。 我们坐一会吧。
MICHAEL: I can clean up later。 我等一会再清理。
JOANA: No; let me help you。 不; 让我来帮你忙。
MICHAEL: No; that’s all right。 I can do it by myself in the morning。 不必; 没关系; 明天早上我可
以自己清理。
JOANA: It was a very nice party。 It’s too bad Paulo had to work late。 宴会很成功; 可惜保罗必须
加班。
MICHAEL: Yes; it is; but I’m glad you had a good time。嗯; 很可惜! 不过; 我很高兴你玩得很开心。
JOANA: I liked your friends。 我喜欢你的朋友。
MICHAEL: They liked you; too。 I could tell。 As a matter of fact; you made everybody feel
comfortable。 他们也喜欢你。
我看得出来; 事实上; 你使大家都感到很自在。
JOANA: That’s easy。 You’re a great host。 那很容易; 你是个出色的主人。
MICHAEL: Well; you’re a pretty good hostess。 那么; 你是个很棒的女主人了;
MICHAEL: I was tired of giving parties by myself。 我自己办宴会都办累了。
JOANA: You know; when I was a teenager; 知道吗? 我在少女时代
JOANA: I used to go to parties all the time。 经常参加聚会。
JOANA: I enjoyed myself every minuteparties; dances; boys。 我一天到晚玩得非常开心; 参加聚
会; 去跳舞; 交男朋友。
MICHAEL: It sounds like fun。 听来蛮有趣的。
JOANA: It was。 I used to live from dance to dance。 真的很好玩; 一个舞会结束了; 我就开始期待
着下一个;
JOANA: On the weekends; 到了周末;
JOANA: Paulo and I never used to be home。 我和保罗根本就不惯于待在家里。
着迷英语900 句
MICHAEL: Paulo? I don’t believe it。 保罗? 真难以置信;
MICHAEL: I thought he worked all the timelike my brother。 我还以为他只懂得工作; 就像我哥
哥一样。
JOANA: Your brother? I didn’t know you had a brother。 你哥哥? 我还不知道你有一个哥哥。
MICHAEL: It’s a long story。 一言难尽。
JOANA: We have time。 我们有的是时间。
MICHAEL: OK。 How about a cup of coffee? Then I’ll tell you about myself。 好; 要不要喝杯咖啡?
然后我告诉你一些关于我自己的事。
JOANA: Let me help。我来帮忙。
MICHAEL: No。 That’s OK。 This kitchen is too small for two。 Look around。 Make yourself at home。
不; 我来就可以了。 这个厨房太小; 不能容纳两个人。 到处随便看看; 不要拘束。
PAULO: Do you remember my idea for an art competition at the Fair? 记不记得我在万博会举行艺
术比赛的构想?
JOANA: Yes。 How did they like it? 记得; 他们的反应如何?
PAULO: Very much。 In fact; we’re starting the project immediately。 And guess who’s in charge? 非
常好; 事实上我们
立刻就要展开活动。 而且; 你猜谁来负责?
JOANA: I don’t know。 I give up。 我不晓得; 我不猜。
PAULO: You give up too easily。 Your brother! Who else? 你太容易放弃了。 是你大哥! 还会是谁?
JOANA: Congratulations; Paulo! Now maybe you can take a few days off。 恭喜你了; 保罗! 现在;
你或许可以休息几天了。
JOANA: You work harder than anyone else in that office。 那个办公室里; 没有一个人像你这么努
力工作。
PAULO: Joana; 琼娜;
PAULO: you don’t take time off when you want a promotion。 一个人如果想进升的话; 就不能请假。
JOANA: You even eat more quickly than you used to。 你连吃饭都比以前吃得快。
PAULO: Hey; I didn’t ask for a lecture! 嘿! 我没要你来教训我。
JOANA: I’m sorry; Paulo。 I think it’s wonderful。 Now tell me about the competition。 What are the
rules? Can Michael enter? 对不起; 保罗; 我想那是很美妙的; 告诉我一些关于这个比赛的事;
有些什么规则? 麦可可不可以参加?
PAULO: Michael Crawford? 麦可·郭佛?
JOANA: Sure。 是啊;
JOANA: He paints better than anyone I know。 他的画比我所认识的人画得都要好。
JOANA: When does the competition start? 比赛什么时候开始?
PAULO: We won’t announce the contest until Mr。 Crawford finishes the brochure。 我们等郭佛先生完
成册子; 再公布比赛。
JOANA: Oh; is he doing the brochure for you? 哦; 他帮你编小册子吗?
PAULO: Yes。 是的。
JOANA: What does his office look like? 他的办公室是什么样子?
PAULO: It’s large enough; and modern and businesslike。 And very formaltoo formal; perhaps。 Why
do you ask? 地方
很大; 很摩登很有条理; 而且十分正式太正式了。 也许你问这些干什么?
着迷英语900 句
JOANA: Just curious。 I’m trying to imagine Michael in that office。 只是好奇而已; 我试着想像; 麦可
坐在那个办公室里。
PAULO: What do you mean? 我不懂。
JOANA: Michael gave himself a deadline。 Either he does well this year; or he gives up art and goes
into business with his
father。 麦可为自己定下了一个期限。 他今年要是不成功的话; 就放弃艺术; 和他爸爸从事经商。
“PAULO: How well is ““well”“?” “要怎么样才算”“成功”“ 了呢?”
PAULO: How is he going to measure success? 他如何去衡量成败?
PAULO: Does he have to paint as well as the m
快捷操作: 按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页 按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页 按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!